JK Design is looking for an energetic, creative art director for our busy creative and advertising agency. This position will be part of a dedicated team of project management and creative professionals serving one of our largest accounts: a group of clients across a large global healthcare company. These include HR/communications directors/managers with diverse needs, including: infographics, websites, emails, videos, PowerPoint and branding, as well as other projects.
This full-time position requires a skilled art director with the ability to think creatively and work effectively as part of a cohesive team. We work in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload requiring short turnaround times. But we also believe in having some fun! If you have the right skills, and you want to be part of a close-knit team with a flexible, supportive culture and proactive, hands-on, "let's get it done" approach, this position may be the right fit for you.
- Oversee and execute creative execution and/or production for all assigned projects.
- Ensure that execution is consistent and compliant with all relevant brand standards.
- Able to work on projects across various industries and subject matters.
- Able to collaborate effectively across disciplines such as copy, motion graphics, live video, and presentation development.
- Able to collaborate with colleagues to interpret client feedback and ensure it is reflected in creative product.
- Exceptional Mac skills and excellent working knowledge of design and production applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. After Effects, Premiere and Developer applications are a plus, but not required.
- Has 5 or more years’ experience executing design and production projects at a high level.
- Will facilitate and champion collaboration, inclusion, and mutual respect throughout the creative process, promoting open communication among all team members.
- Will communicate seamlessly with other departments and disciplines.
- Will communicate confidently with clients, vendors, and partners.
- Will give and take direction and collaborate well with graphic designers and creative directors.
- Will keep the assigned creative director and account manager informed in a timely and regular manner of project status, ongoing progress, and challenges/problems as they arise.
- Will be accountable for working within the budgeted hours for all projects.
- Will participate in brainstorming and creative sessions to generate ideas.
This position will be based at our headquarters in Hillsborough, NJ. No relocation available; local candidates only. Limited local travel is expected; most client meetings are held via conference or video call. However, some meetings may be held at client sites and other locations as necessary. There may be an opportunity to work remotely from home on a limited basis.
JK Design offers a competitive salary consistent with current market rates.
In business since 1985, JK Design is a full-service advertising agency specializing in strategy and branding, print, web, mobile, interactive, and video projects. Accolades include American Graphic Design, Telly, MarCom, Gold Hermes Creative, and Communicator awards. JK Design provides a wide range of innovative advertising, design, and marketing services, including: web design and development, iPad and mobile app development, branding, logos, email marketing, multimedia and video animation and production, copywriting, marketing strategies, corporate collateral design and production, exhibit graphics, packaging, and Internet-based virtual tradeshows. The agency has locations in Hillsborough, NJ, and New York City. For more information: 908-428-4700 (NJ) or www.jkdesign.com.
In your cover letter, please include your salary history and requirements and indicate that you are applying for the "Art Director–NJ" position.