Web Design Services
A strong web presence is at the heart of a brand’s success. Our in-house, interactive design and development team is expert at creating powerful, engaging designs, sophisticated website functionality, easy to navigate interfaces, and customized content management systems.
Content Management System
JK makes content management easy with our bespoke (aka: customized) user-friendly content management system (CMS). Each website we develop comes with a unique CMS that meets your specific needs for:
- Updating and changing text and content
- Changing images, Flash animations, and video and audio files
- Posting press releases and news items
- Maintaining your emailing list
- Featuring new items
- Adding new products to your catalog
- Just about anything else you want to do with your website!
BOur CMS tools are very easy to use—no special technical knowledge, programming experience, or software required! Virtually anyone you authorize with a username and password can update your website from anywhere, at any time. All you need is a modern Web browser and Internet connection.
For further technical reading:
Want to add excitement to your website? Looking for a fun way to promote a new product or event? Through the magic of Adobe Flash and Adobe After Effects, JK’s animation designers and programmers can create spectacular composites and motion graphics that grab attention and engage the imagination—and get people talking about your company.
- Online games are a great way to promote your products and services.
- Interactive microsites may include online games (“advergaming”), animation, live action video, and other interactive features. Combined with an email blast and social marketing campaign, they can be highly effective viral marketing tools.
- Flash animations can be entertaining or educational—or a little of both! Run them on your website, hand them out to customers on a flash/thumb drive, or send them to prospects on a CD.
An animated feature can help drive more traffic to your website and promote your brand across the Internet. The animation and video wizards at JK can create just about anything you can imagine to maximize the impact of your visuals—and help increase your bottom line.
A microsite (sometimes called a “mini-site”) is a small website with a unique URL that is often created to temporarily supplement a primary website. Microsites can be used to feature a specific product, service, event, or seasonal promotion that might get lost on a larger primary website.
JK designs and develops microsites that attract attention to your featured product or service and link to your main company site. We specialize in integrated email and/or print campaigns that draw customers to the microsite with games, contests, sweepstakes, and other incentives. Our microsite developers use search engine optimization (SEO) techniques to increase your site’s raking and ensure that more people can find your microsite.
A microsite is also a fast, cost-effective way for a new business to create a starter site—complete with our easy-to-use content management system (CMS).
Our microsites may be small, but they can make a big impact for your company—whether you’re just starting out, launching a new product, or running a seasonal promotion.
Responsive Web Design
To address the evolving landscape of devices, browsers, and screen sizes, JK adopted responsive Web design as our standard method of building websites for our clients. Instead of creating multiple versions of a site, our team will build flexible layouts for your site that adapt to almost any device.
There are three features at the heart of our responsive Web design: media queries, flexible images and media, through dynamic resizing or CSS and a flexible grid-based layout that uses relative sizing.
JK creates most of our websites using industry-standard HTML5 and CSS, validated by the W3C (http://validator.w3c.org). This provides several advantages:
- our website will be viewable on most portable devices such as iPhones, Android phones, iPads, and other tablets.
- Search engines will be less likely to get "stuck" when indexing your site; they will be able to index more of your content.
- Your website will be more accessible for the visually impaired.
Our comprehensive website development process includes responsive custom site design, programming based on functional specifications, content development, search engine optimization (SEO), client-side/server-side scripting, Web server configurations, and markup and coding for Internet applications and social network services.
Search Engine Optimization
On the Internet, it's not a good idea to hide from spiders and crawlers. There are ways that search engines (like Google, Yahoo, and Bing) retrieve information from the countless bits of data available on the Web. JK’s website development team will make sure that they crawl all over your site and push it to the top of the search engine rankings so more people can find and visit it. That means more traffic, more customers, and more sales.
How do we do it? Using search engine optimization (SEO) techniques that follow industry-standard best practices, JK can:
- Implement SEO coding and content on your site
- Gain higher search engine rankings, increased traffic, and more sales/conversions
- Use Google Analytics reports to evaluate our efforts and measure success
- Integrate other techniques to drive even more traffic to your site (search engine marketing (SEM), email marketing, direct mail, and other advertising)
And after your website is search-engine optimized, we can help you evaluate it periodically to make sure it ranks as high as possible on the search engines—and help ensure that you’re not losing business to your competition on the Web.
We can't guarantee that your website will be found on page 1 of Google’s search results – according to Google, no one can make that promise. But with JK’s SEO techniques working for you, your site stands a better chance of ranking higher over time – no matter how the search engines change their algorithms or what your competitors do.
Parallax scrolling has been growing in popularity recently as a new way to make the user experience more appealing by using engaging visuals and functionality. The parallax scrolling effect is achieved by having the background of a website move at a different speed than the rest of the page, giving the illusion of depth.
Parallax design gives websites the opportunity to:
- Provide clear calls to action to users
- Take a storytelling approach to guide visitors through the site
- Give the impression of depth and animation
- Push limits of design with innovative interactive viewing
- Encourage visitors to scroll through the entire page making page visits last longer
If your company isn't taking advantage of social networking sites to build awareness of your organization, extend your brand, and communicate with your customers, you're missing out. JK‘s interactive team can help you increase your visibility on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and other sites. Our social networking and social media services include:
- Developing and updating content
- Setting up interactive applications
- Creating custom apps
- Launching microsites on Facebook
- Branding custom Facebook pages (boxed-tabs) and modules/apps
We can also integrate reporting tools that work across all of your Facebook modules so you can better understand your customers and target your messages to the people that matter most. Whether your business is located in NJ, NY, PA, or anywhere else in the country or around the world, JK can help you use the power of social networking to communicate with your customers and promote your brand.