Are you our next
JK is looking for an experienced, collaborative art director for our busy creative and marketing agency. This position will be part of a dedicated team of creative and account management professionals serving a group of clients across a large global healthcare company. These include HR/communications directors/managers with diverse needs, including: corporate communications, visual identities, websites, videos, intranet sites, PowerPoint presentations, infographics, as well as other projects.
Our culture is inclusive, friendly, flexible, and fast-paced. And even in these challenging times when we mainly see each other on screens, we’re collaborating, connecting, and creating great stuff together—while taking work-life balance seriously and treating each other with respect.
If this sounds like your kind of opportunity… read on!
This full-time position requires the ability to think creatively and work effectively as part of a cohesive team. We work in a dynamic environment with a high-volume workload requiring short turnaround times. But we also believe in having some fun! If you have the right skills, and you want to be part of a close-knit team with a flexible, supportive culture and proactive, hands-on, “let’s get it done” approach, this position may be the right fit for you.
We have an incredible company culture which allows us to focus our energy on creating work that is interesting, effective, and helps our clients succeed.
Creative Studio Manager
- Lead a small team of designers supporting a global healthcare client.
- Work closely with the Group Creative Director and Creative Director to develop compelling creative across a wide range of deliverables.
- Perform lead designer role for assigned projects.
- Actively participate in client and internal meetings, contributing creative and strategic input and constructive comments.
- Work collaboratively with a team of account and creative staff from initial concept development to review of final deliverables.
- Revise designs based on client and internal feedback/direction.
- Performs quality control checks on work prior to submitting to the project team or client to ensure accuracy.
- Ensure that execution is consistent and compliant with all relevant brand standards.
- Provide mentorship to designers and freelancers.
- Provide creative execution and/or production for all assigned projects.
- Will facilitate and champion collaboration, inclusion, and mutual respect throughout the creative process, promoting open communication among all team members.
- Able to collaborate effectively across disciplines such as branding, copy, motion graphics, UI, UX, live video, and presentation development.
- Seamlessly collaborates, coordinates, and communicates—both in writing and verbally—with other team members and agency leaders.
- Confidently presents to clients, interprets feedback, and provides strategic and creative solutions.
- Is highly responsive to requests and messages; communicates clearly and regularly with project team members.
- Consistently meets or exceeds client expectations for quality of design, fulfillment of brief deliverables, and ability to achieve client goals.
- Consistently meets all assigned deadlines and works within established budgets.
- Will be accountable for working within the budgeted hours for all projects.
- Keeps the Group Creative Director informed in a timely and regular manner of project status, ongoing progress, and challenges/problems as they arise.
- 3-5 years experience agency (or similar) experience.
- 1-2 years supporting or leading UX projects.
- Experience working in healthcare or internal communications is a plus.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Exceptional Mac skills and excellent working knowledge of design and production applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe XD, and PowerPoint.
- Experience mentoring designers or leading a team.
This is a hybrid position. The majority of work will take place remotely, however, in-person meetings and other gatherings at JK’s Hillsborough, NJ office are required on occasion.
No relocation is available. Occasional travel throughout the NJ/NY/PA area (and sometimes beyond) may be required in the future.
JK offers a competitive salary consistent with current market rates, as well as health insurance (including dental and vision), paid time off, 401(k), profit sharing, Summer Fridays, JK Gives Back (one day off each year to volunteer), and a full week of winter break.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JK is an equal opportunity employer. JK prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (protected characteristics). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
In your cover letter, please include your salary requirements and indicate that you are applying for the “Art Director” position.