Are you our next
JK is looking for a talented midlevel copywriter who can tell our clients’ stories, engage their audiences, and bring both creative and strategic thinking to every project.
Our culture is inclusive, friendly, flexible, and fast-paced. Whether in person or virtual, we’re collaborating, connecting, and creating great stuff together—while taking work-life balance seriously and treating each other with respect.
If this sounds like your kind of opportunity… read on!
You’ll be responsible for developing persuasive, on-brand messaging for a wide range of B2B, B2C, and employee engagement projects.
We have an incredible company culture which allows us to focus our energy on creating work that is interesting, effective, and helps our clients succeed.
Creative Studio Manager
- Write original copy for a wide range of branding, marketing, and communications materials.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of each client’s needs, business, target audiences, and competitive landscape.
- Proactively obtain information and direction from clients and subject matter experts through meetings and phone/video interviews.
- Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of each client’s brand voice, personality, messaging framework, and other foundational brand elements.
- Assist in planning and facilitating branding and messaging workshops.
- Work collaboratively with a project team of account and creative staff from initial concept development to review of final deliverables.
- Contribute creative ideas and suggestions for improving content.
- Revise copy based on client and internal feedback/direction.
- Assist as needed with writing proposals, blog posts, and various internal projects.
- Contribute to JK’s content strategy initiative; maintain and leverage knowledge of current social media best practices to enhance strategy and improve content.
- Proofread materials as assigned to ensure correct grammar and punctuation and consistency with client style sheets and standard style guides.
- Demonstrates excellent writing skills.
- Seamlessly collaborates, coordinates, and communicates—both in writing and verbally—with other team members.
- Participates in client and internal meetings, contributing creative input and constructive comments.
- Consistently meets all assigned deadlines and works within established budgets.
- Is highly responsive to requests and messages; communicates clearly and regularly with project team members.
- Performs quality control checks on work prior to submitting to project team or client to ensure accuracy.
- Consistently meets or exceeds client expectations for quality of content, fulfillment of creative brief deliverables, and ability to achieve client goals.
- Keeps ECD and/or senior creative leads informed in a timely and regular manner of project status, ongoing progress, and challenges/problems as they arise.
- Minimum 2–3 years professional copywriting experience (portfolio of creative advertising copy required). B2B experience is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and on a team to meet deadlines.
- Experience presenting to clients, interpreting feedback, and providing effective solutions.
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities and prioritize conflicting demands.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Digital/social media/content marketing experience is a plus.
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides is a plus.
This position may be remote or hybrid at JK’s offices in Hillsborough, NJ. We provide significant remote work flexibility with opportunities to connect in person (including onboarding, department meetings, client visits, team or full agency meetings, and social events) and a minimal number of required in-person events. JK reserves the right to modify this policy at any time.
No relocation is available. Occasional travel throughout the NJ/NY/PA area (and sometimes beyond) may be required.
JK Design offers competitive compensation consistent with current market rates, as well as subsidized health insurance (including dental and vision), paid time off, 401(k), profit sharing, half-day Summer Fridays, JK Gives Back (one day off each year to volunteer), and a full week of winter break.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JK is an equal opportunity employer. JK prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (protected characteristics). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
In your cover letter, please include your salary requirements and indicate that you are applying for the “Copywriter” position.