Are you our next
Director of Account Services?
JK is looking for an experienced marketing leader and strategic thinker with a passion for communicating big ideas, a track record of building productive client partnerships, and a talent for motivating teams to collaborate, grow, and perform at a high level.
You’ll oversee the development and strategic growth of our interdisciplinary integrated marketing department: managing our account, project, and digital marketing managers; setting the department’s vision and goals; and providing direction, support, and tools to ensure client satisfaction and account profitability. You’ll need strong leadership and marketing skills, the ability to think strategically at both the account and agency level, and a broad understanding of 360 marketing campaigns.
Our culture is inclusive, friendly, flexible, and fast-paced. Whether we’re seeing each other on screens or at the office, we’re connecting, collaborating, and creating great stuff together—while taking work-life balance seriously and treating each other with respect.
If this sounds like your kind of opportunity… read on!
You’ll be focused on three primary objectives:
- Nurture and grow client partnerships. Support, guide, and motivate our account managers and coordinators to further penetrate key accounts, increase account profitability, and build long-term client partnerships; support new business initiatives.
- Lead and develop a team of strategic and innovative marketers. Be a leader and mentor to our integrated marketing team (account, project, and digital marketing managers). This means working with each team member to identify growth opportunities, determine and refine objectives, provide direction and insight, and develop actionable strategic plans.
- Evolve digital marketing initiatives with existing clients. Develop strategies and spearhead efforts in paid and organic social media marketing, lead generation, content marketing, PPC, email marketing, and analytics.
JK is made up of a dynamic, talented group whose palpable energy, enthusiasm, and dedication shines through in the work.
Director of Account Services
Nurture and grow client partnerships.
- Support account managers and coordinators in developing value-driven partnerships at inception and during budgeting/planning sessions.
- Collaborate with finance, executive, and account staff to identify key accounts and define growth targets.
- Gain an understanding of each client’s business needs; gather, analyze, and organize information and research to build strategic plans to deliver on their objectives and KPIs.
- Develop customer insights and identify opportunities based on these insights.
- Lead and/or support the development of strategic communications and marketing plans and proposals.
- Strengthen overall agency operations by identifying gaps and opportunities in our existing approach to account service.
- Work with account team members to proactively facilitate client conversations during client budgeting planning months.
- Oversee the P&L and forecasting for each account.
- Support our new business team by participating in prospecting calls and meetings, driving thought leadership, and playing an active role in responding to RFPs.
Lead and develop our integrated marketing team.
- Oversee training and onboarding of all team members.
- Actively mentor each team member; create, document, and monitor individual growth plans and training.
- Create clear expectations and accountability measures for the department.
- Create and uphold agency best practices (e.g., meeting agendas, follow-up notes, creative brief development, PPAs, etc.).
- Promote, share, and document forward-thinking ways of working to support strategic account growth.
- Support goal-setting for all team members and lead biannual performance reviews.
- Have a strong pulse on all active accounts and the status and progress of all client relationships.
Evolve digital marketing initiatives with existing clients.
- Identify opportunities to integrate social marketing tactics into new and existing areas of business.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of our digital marketing managers and provide inspired leadership, direction, training, and mentoring.
- Support our digital marketing managers in defining, planning, and leading the development of strategic marketing campaigns and campaign/media briefs that include historical learnings, current trends, and/or clear testing goals and KPIs.
- Lead all digital marketing performance efforts, working with internal and external partners to meet marketing goals and objectives through B2B digital channels.
- Collaborate across departments to take an active role in evaluating new business opportunities, pitching to prospective and current clients, and developing project proposals, budgets, and briefs.
- Lead by example and promote a positive, empowering environment.
- Promote interdisciplinary transparency and collaboration.
- Effectively balance direct project involvement with consistent management oversight.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and develop effective strategies for resolution.
- Demonstrate current knowledge of developments and trends in digital marketing (paid and organic).
- Demonstrate a consistently proactive approach to potential client challenges and opportunities.
- Be an active participant on the leadership team to help shape the growth of the agency.
- Minimum of three to five years of proven success directly managing account teams.
- Minimum of eight to 10 years of marketing experience.
- Multifaceted marketer with the ability to drive strategy and process to launch complex and fast-moving projects.
- Proven experience and expertise in paid and organic social media marketing, lead generation, content marketing, PPC, email marketing, and analytics.
- Entrepreneurial and intellectually curious with great people skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize competing deadlines and deliverables on an ongoing basis.
- Excellent writer with strong presentation skills, attention to detail, and a keen eye for visual design.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Driven, proactive, enthusiastic team player who thrives in a collaborative culture.
This position may be remote or hybrid at JK’s offices in Hillsborough, NJ. We provide significant remote work flexibility with opportunities to connect in person (including onboarding, department meetings, client visits, team and agency meetings, and social events) and a minimal number of required in-person events. JK reserves the right to modify this policy at any time.
No relocation is available. Occasional travel throughout the NJ/NY/PA area (and sometimes beyond) may be required.
JK Design offers competitive compensation consistent with current market rates, as well as subsidized health insurance (including dental and vision), paid time off, 401(k), profit sharing, half-day Summer Fridays, JK Gives Back (one day off each year to volunteer), and a full week off for winter break.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JK is an equal opportunity employer. JK prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (protected characteristics). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
In your cover letter, please include your salary requirements and indicate that you are applying for the “Director of Account Services” position.