Are you our next
Director of Digital Marketing?
JK is looking for an experienced, data-driven, creative thinker with social media expertise to lead and grow our digital marketing department.
This position requires hands-on experience in creating, testing, implementing, and tracking digital marketing campaigns for our (mostly) B2B clients. You’ll manage and mentor our digital team, keep us ahead of the latest digital marketing tools and trends, and collaborate with our account and sales teams to provide strategic oversight on new business opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have the skills to develop strategies and lead efforts across multiple channels with expertise in paid and organic social media marketing (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.), SEM, SEO, lead generation, content marketing, pay-per-click, email marketing, and analytics.
We’re a midsize agency in the heart of NJ, with creative and strategic capabilities that rival the big NYC shops, and we’re committed to the continued development of our digital team and capabilities. Making connections is in our DNA: to our clients, to the people who matter most to them, and to each other. We look at every project as a chance to build a partnership—and create an informed, inspired (and often unconventional) solution that makes an impact.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, this role could be the perfect opportunity to grow your career—and our agency.
You will report directly to the CEO and be responsible for managing and empowering a small internal team and external partners. While leading and enhancing JK’s digital marketing service line, you’ll create, execute, and optimize digital marketing plans to seamlessly integrate with our clients’ overarching marketing strategies.
JK is made up of a dynamic, talented group whose palpable energy, enthusiasm, and dedication shines through in the work.
Director of Account Services
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the digital marketing team and provide inspired leadership, direction, training, and mentoring.
- Own the holistic view of all digital marketing activities or initiatives for each project and client, defining clear KPIs across the marketing funnel that enable the team to clearly evaluate investment effectiveness.
- Define, plan, and lead the development of strategic marketing campaigns and clear campaign/media briefs that include historical learnings, current trends, and/or clear testing goals and KPIs.
- Continually and proactively seek new ways to optimize ROI for our clients and agency by evaluating and updating our processes and shaping new ways of working that drive growth and profitability.
- Lead all digital marketing performance efforts, working with external and internal partners to meet marketing goals and objectives through digital distribution channels.
- Collaborate with cross-department teams and take an active role in evaluating new business opportunities, pitching to prospective and current clients, and developing project proposals, budgets, and briefs.
- Continually evaluate and provide recommendations to enhance JK’s digital marketing service line, ensuring that we can offer the most relevant and comprehensive capabilities and tools.
- Serve as a hands-on expert on digital platforms and tools; monitor emerging digital marketing channels, trends, best practices, tools, and technologies to improve client and agency presence and performance.
- Ensure that the digital marketing department is consistently supporting JK’s strategic imperatives.
- Build and grow a department and high-performance team that achieves aggressive growth and scale.
- Get up to speed quickly on each client’s brand, audiences, competitors, challenges, and business goals—and consistently provide insights, identify opportunities, and create tailored and integrated strategies, plans, and metrics/KPIs that meet client goals and deliver ROI.
- Champion strong client partnerships and drive profitability of digital marketing projects.
- Demonstrate proven results in digital lead generation, paid and organic social media, SEO, data and analytics development and reporting, marketing calendar development and execution, budget and ROI attribution, and reporting and KPIs.
- Communicate, collaborate, and coordinate seamlessly and enthusiastically with other departments/disciplines.
- Facilitate and champion collaboration, inclusion, and mutual respect, promoting open communication among all team members.
- Maintain efficient workflows in a fast-paced environment.
- Seven+ years of marketing experience, including at least five years in digital marketing and social media marketing.
- Excellent leadership skills with at least three years’ experience managing a team.
- Proven track record of overseeing and hands-on execution of successful marketing plans and strategic planning.
- Creative thinker with proven success in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate.
- Deep channel expertise and insights.
- A highly analytical mindset and the ability to quantify expected impact of investment decisions.
- An entrepreneurial nature and commitment to explore white space and generate new areas of growth and opportunity.
- Committed to client service.
- Goal-driven and willing to roll up your sleeves and get the job done.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize competing deadlines and deliverables on an ongoing basis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and client-facing presentation skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Driven, proactive, enthusiastic team player who thrives in a collaborative culture.
Currently, this is a remote/work-from-home position; on-site and client meetings may be required as needed. When conditions allow, this position will be based at our offices in Hillsborough, with continued remote work flexibility. No relocation is available. Occasional travel throughout the NJ/NY/PA area (and sometimes beyond) may be required in the future.
JK Design offers a competitive compensation consistent with current market rates.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JK is an equal opportunity employer. JK prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (protected characteristics). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
In your cover letter, please include your salary requirements and indicate that you are applying for the “Director of Digital Marketing” position.