Are you our next
Freelance UX Designer?
JK is looking for an experienced, highly collaborative UX designer to help with ongoing digital projects on a freelance basis. You’ll work closely with our creative, account and development teams researching, prototyping and designing a variety of digital projects from start to finish. This position requires extensive UX experience, a positive attitude and the ability to self-start and work independently to meet deadlines and exceed expectations.
Our culture is inclusive, friendly, flexible, and fast-paced. Whether we’re seeing each other on screens or at the office, we’re connecting, collaborating, and creating great stuff together—while taking work-life balance seriously and treating each other with respect.
If this sounds like your kind of opportunity… read on!
We have an incredible company culture which allows us to focus our energy on creating work that is interesting, effective, and helps our clients succeed.
Creative Studio Manager
- Significant experience designing and delivering world-class digital experiences
- Analyze metrics and data that can support decision-making, guiding tech partners where needed to add necessary metrics
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs using specialist tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, or Figma
- Participate in user interviews and review customer feedback to gain a deeper understanding of the goals, pain points and expectations of our users
- Leverage user interviews and client provided research to create persona’s and journey maps
- Audit existing client websites and develop a new sitemap and content outline based on the goals and desires identified by the client and our Strategy team
- Assist in identifying and executing the best methods for user research and testing within client constraints
- Research and evaluate the features of existing projects and suggest improvements
- Partner with Strategy, Creative, Technology, and Account Services to develop the strategy and experience solutions for a wide variety of projects
- Ensure the experiences developed meet the project’s strategic goals, users’ needs, technology parameters, timelines and budgets
- Keep up to date with the latest UX practices, innovations, and tools
- Work side-by-side with the Creative Director, UX and tech partners to ensure feasibility, scope, and implementation of designs
- Help to define and promote UX process best practices
- Independently deliver on projects and work with others on teams
- Present design work to teams and managers for review and feedback strategies, design, planning, implementation, launch, and maintenance
- Minimum three years’ UX design experience
- Deep understanding of interaction design patterns and systems, a critical eye for typography and layout, ability to use UX writing effectively, and strong user-centered design methods and techniques
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate a problem and proposed solution
- Passion for iteration while giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Proficiency in design tools such as Adobe XD (preferred), Sketch, Figma
- Experience contributing to or working with design systems
- UX design portfolio required, highlighting design process and skills
- Data-obsessed and experienced in A/B testing, forming insights, and leveraging past learnings to create actionable improvements and new ideas
- Experience creating UX documentation
- Experience presenting to clients and partners
This is a remote freelance position.
JK Design offers a competitive compensation consistent with current market rates.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JK is an equal opportunity employer. JK prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (protected characteristics). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
In your cover letter, please include your salary requirements and indicate that you are applying for the “Freelance UX Designer” position.