Are you our next
JK is looking for an experienced, technically proficient, detail-oriented, and highly collaborative producer to join our team. You’ll manage web-based projects from start to finish, working closely with our creative and development teams and managing timelines, deliverables, and expectations. This position involves both project management and development support.
Our culture is inclusive, friendly, flexible, and fast-paced. Whether we’re seeing each other on screens or at the office, we’re connecting, collaborating, and creating great stuff together—while taking work-life balance seriously and treating each other with respect.
If this sounds like your kind of opportunity… read on!
This position requires deep and broad knowledge of Agile processes and web development platforms and the ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams. You’ll also need to seamlessly manage competing priorities and tight deadlines while delivering high-quality web projects on time and within budget.
JK is made up of a dynamic, talented group whose palpable energy, enthusiasm, and dedication shines through in the work.
Director of Account Services
- Assist in building timelines, budgets, and key milestone for each project and communicating critical information to all members of the team
- Uncover all project requirements at the start of a project (discovery).
- Prepare, maintain, manage, and organize all project documentation.
- Work closely with the UX director and senior front-end developer to understand and translate client needs into actionable requirements for the creative team.
- Manage project burn and communicate with team leads to ensure projects stay within scope and on budget.
- Work closely with the senior front-end developer to make recommendations that affect the overall framework of projects including web platforms, QA support, and vendor selection and management.
- Keep projects up to date by adding tasks to Basecamp (team collaboration platform) and communicating and facilitating all deliverables, deadlines, and meetings with the team.
- Manage multiple projects and day-to-day milestones and deliverables, balancing competing priorities and deadlines.
- Regularly participate in internal and client-facing meetings.
- Partner with web development vendors to ensure processes are followed and creative is being translated according to expectations.
- Assist in identifying and vetting potential web development partners and build ongoing relationships and trust.
- Work closely with the senior front-end developer to understand tech requirements and ensure that project needs are communicated to development partners.
- Assist in determining back-end solutions with clients and vendors to ensure that all options are being considered to meet their needs.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of platforms and technologies across mobile, web, and social; understand working specs and identify holes or issues.
- Collaborate with the senior front-end developer to evaluate and make recommendations on CMS platforms.
- Work within, train clients on, and document content management systems.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of key web project processes and phases, including development of strategies, design, planning, implementation, launch, and maintenance.
- Anticipate emerging digital trends and proactively identify opportunities for our clients and agency.
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of, and comfort with, account and project management principles, methods, and techniques in a technical environment
- Ideate and create amazing digital experiences while confidently solving problems and addressing challenges.
- Liaise with copywriters, designers, creative directors, developers, and executives.
- Effectively manage and communicate technical specifications and timing for all digital creative deliverables.
- Collaborate with creative and technical leads to manage strategy, planning, and schedules.
- Develop and maintain project briefs, schedules, and project budgets; estimate and plan resources.
- Coordinate and facilitate all details of web development/programming and QA testing on assigned digital projects.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure design assets, content, web development, and other deliverables meet site specifications and are ready to publish.
- Manage production workflow and foster relationships with third-party vendors, partners, and freelancers, becoming the key liaison between all parties.
- Raise and maintain awareness of project risks, and work with team members to proactively mitigate risks and actively seek creative solutions to ensure project success.
- Understand and expand on existing and emerging web technologies to elevate project deliverables.
- Minimum five years’ experience acting as a producer on web-based projects; previous development experience is a plus.
- Existing roster of vendors and freelancers you have worked with in the past to help bolster our development efforts is a plus.
- Proven track record of delivering digital projects on time, within budget, and exceeding client expectations.
- Team player with a positive attitude and ability to set team direction and motivate team members.
- Experience effectively managing multiple projects, budgets, and clients.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to communicate clearly and effectively (written and verbal).
- Outstanding knowledge of creative production in digital and demonstrated ability to drive and guide the process start to finish.
- Strong understanding of digital technology used in developing websites; ability to distill information for creative and development teams as needed.
- Experience and a deep understanding of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Experience with Agile project management methodologies.
- Experience and understanding of web UX and best practices.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to relate to clients, internal teammates, and external business partners.
- Self-motivated and able to parse out and communicate critical information from multiple inputs.
- Excellent process-building, note-taking, and task management skills; ability to track tasks and goals in a timely, organized manner.
- Experience writing functional specifications and other technical documentation.
- Familiarity working within and managing content management systems.
This position may be remote or hybrid at JK’s offices in Hillsborough, NJ. While in-person meetings and other gatherings remain optional, we are providing opportunities to connect in person as conditions allow, including onboarding, department meetings, client visits, team or full agency meetings, and possibly other events. JK reserves the right to modify this policy at any time.
No relocation is available. Occasional travel throughout the NJ/NY/PA area (and sometimes beyond) may be required in the future.
JK offers a competitive salary consistent with current market rates, as well as health insurance (including dental and vision), paid time off, 401(k), profit sharing, Summer Fridays, JK Gives Back (one day off each year to volunteer), and a full week of winter break.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JK is an equal opportunity employer. JK prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (protected characteristics). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
In your cover letter, please include your salary requirements and indicate that you are applying for the “Web/Digital Producer” position.